The station with living quarters above is a rare example of rural service stations built before 1930. Carl Ditmore built the facility in 1927 at the intersection of Route 66 and the Provine Road. When added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997, the original name of Provine Station was used. IN 1941 Carl and Lucille Hamons purchased the property that included a store and motel. Hamon's Court as the property was named at the time. The motel closed in the 1962, Carl died in 1971 and Lucille in 1999.
Hydro, OK 73048