To get you started in planning your trip, we suggest obtaining these books and maps:
- Route 66: EZ66 Guide for Travelers - 4th edition
- Here It Is! The Route 66 Map Series
- Route 66 Dining & Lodging Guide - 17th Edition - Spiral Bound
- The Route 66 Encyclopedia
Why these items?
- The best guidebook available is the EZ66 guide. It's considered by many to be their "bible" for their Route 66 trip. Get it up front!
- The Here It Is! 8 map set is an ideal companion to keep an overview in addition to the maps found in the EZ66 guide.
- As part of the experience of traveling Route 66 is to eat and stay in the locally owned mom-and-pop places, a guide designed to help you with that can be crucial.
- The encyclopedia gives you a lot of background and history on the places you see and visit. It's indispensable for those wanting to know more beyond the obvious.