Constructed in 1901, this is a two-story red brick building with sandstone trim. At the peak of the front facade the name Stroud Trading Company is built into the wall. At its building, owners boasted that it was the longest floor space of any commercial structure in the Oklahoma Territory. The original owners, the Stroud Trading Company dedicated the second floor of the building as a lodge and operahouse in 1902. This was to respond to the growing interest in cultural things in the Territory. The operahouse operated here until 1925, when the area was remodeled and became the Liberty Hotel. The interior of the first floor has been completely remodeled. In 1917, the wooden floor was replaced with a concrete one. Over the years, the building has been occupied as a garage, a motor company, a grocery, an oil and gas supply company, hotel and restaurant.
201 W Main St
Stroud, OK 74079