Pictures from Oklahoma
Tulsa, OK - 2014 : Originally welcoming Route 66 travelers on another location, the Meadow Gold neon sign milk has been saved and restored.
Arcadia, OK - 2014 : The Round Barn, dating from 1898 used to be a working barn, but now is a center of community activity.
Tulsa, OK - 2014 : The sculpture titled "East meets West” can be found at the Cyrus Avery Centennial Plaza.
Arcadia, OK - 2014 : Pops is a restaurant and soda ranch, marked by a giant neon sign in the shape of a pop bottle.
Oklahoma City, OK - 2014 : Famous for its unique architecture, the Gold Dome originally housed the Citizens State Bank.
Commerce, OK - 2014 : This former Marathon station now houses the Dairy King, famous for its Route 66 cookies.
Between Miami and Afton, OK - 2014 : The "Ribbon Road" is a 9-foot wide old alignment that once connected Miami and Afton.
Afton, OK - 2014 : This D-X gas station has been restored as "The Afton Station", a traveler’s visitor center.
Canute, OK - 2014 : The Cotton Boll Motel once was a popular Route 66 motel; now a private residence but the sign is still present.
Catoosa, OK - 2014 : The 80-foot Blue Whale, built in the early 1970s, is one of Route 66’s most recognized icons.
Clinton, OK - 2014 : The Oklahoma Route 66 Museum offers a self-guided narrated tour along the history of Route 66.
Miami, OK - 2014 : The restored Coleman Theatre Beautiful is a magnificent theatre that has graced the City of Miami since 1929.
Stroud, OK - 2014 : Dawn Welch, owner of the Rock Café, was the inspiration for the character of Sally in the Pixar movie Cars.
Hydro, OK - 2014 : This Provine Service Station is a historic filling station, made famous by its former owner and operator Lucille Hamons.
Erick, OK - 2014 : The Sand Hill Curiosity Shop can be found in the City Meat Market, Erick's oldest building.
Chandler, OK - 2014 : This barn is the last remaining Meramec Caverns barn on Oklahoma's stretch of Route 66.
Sapulpa, OK - 2014 : The historic Rock Creek Bridge on the old Ozark Trail alignment of Route 66 west of Sapulpa, was constructed in 1921.
Copyrighted material, all rights reserved