Spring River Inn
Built in 1902 as a private home, it was sold in 1905 to the Joplin, Missouri based Country Club. The Spring River Inn became the place to be in the area. In 1932, -depression- is was sold and used as a boating club that a view on the 3 span Rainbow Arch bridge to the south. In 1952 it reopened as a restaurant and got famous for it's 35 foot buffet table. It closed in the 1990s and burned down one or two years later in the late 1990s.
The sign next to Route 66 remains as a memory.
Edna Jacquelyn Stiles Kirkis