|Built in||Build in the early 1900s;|
Moved here in 1983
|Status||Serves as Museum|
The Galena Museum at 319 W. 7th St. is located in a former Katy railroad depot. The depot was originally near the intersection of Front St. and Main St. (both the original 1926 Route 66 alignment). In 1983 it was moved to it's present location by local businessman Howard Litch, the very same that got a 2001 park a few blocks away named in his memory.
The museum was opened on June 2nd, 1984 and contains mining and other historical items related to Galena Outside the museum engines and railroad carts as well as a helicopter can be seen.
Jim Ross & Jerry McClanahan