Baxter Springs American National Bank
The American National Bank, located at the intersection with 12th St. started in 1917. In 1952 this bank absorbed the Baxter National Bank.
In 1976 the two story building dating back to 1917 was replaced by the current single story building.
In 1995, Paula Collins created the bas relief on the side wall of the bank depicting the history of Baxter Springs.
Like most banks in Baxter Springs it got robbed. This one was on September 6th 1933, by the Wilber Underhill gang.